Smaato’s RTB Insights Report is an in-depth analysis of worldwide RTB data across our platform in Q3, 2014 and sampled from the activity that takes place across SMX.
Recent reports from eMarketer, ComScore and Gartner predict that global mobile ad spending is on pace to rise another 75.1% to $31.5 billion this year and consumers now spend 32% more time on mobile than on desktop. Smaato RTB exchange has seen more than 400% increase in mobile advertising spend for 2013 and 140% growth YoY in Q3, 2014.
Key Mobile Trends for Q3 2014
- Programmatic spend on SMX grew by over 140% from Q3 2013. This trend will not slow down as brands embrace mobile advertising globally.
- Early adopters of mobile cared about CTRs, however the recent advertising spend is focused on targeting based on content, usage, reach and audiences.
- In-app advertising continues to dominate volume of inventory on mobile devices vs. mobile websites.
- On average 50%+ audiences per region can be reached on mobile devices which will continue shifting ad-spend from desktop to mobile.
- Advertisers are already starting to look for alternatives to one publisher property (Facebook) vs. multiple publishers in search for affordable audiences.
- The gap between ad spend on mobile and time spent on mobile will narrow driven by larger devices, better creative ad-units and formats.