This report is an in-depth analysis of global data across our platform during the 3rd quarter of 2015, and is sampled from the billions of impressions generated every day on the Smaato Exchange.
Smaato’s Global Trends in Mobile Programmatic is clearly worldwide in scope, and reflects the detailed activity and trends that have developed over this period across our wide base of publishers, advertisers and users.
Key Mobile Trends for Q3 2015
- The pendulum is swinging back to apps. Smaato’s Exchange saw a 6% year-over-year shift in both supply and spending over to apps from mobile web in Q3 2015.
- Android OS growth continues to impress. The largest growth in supply and spending is coming from Android smartphones as they make deep inroads in Asia Pacific and elsewhere.
- Here comes Latin America – and Asia Pacific. The next clusters of mobile advertising hotspots are starting to flex their muscles.
- Publishers are chasing – and winning – higher eCPM by picking larger ad formats. There’s a consensus move by publishers toward picking the largest ad formats that work for their apps’ or websites’ user experiences.
- Rich media continues to make publishers richer. And the revenue gap is growing.