Analyzing data from up to 10 billion mobile ad impressions managed on the Smaato platform daily in Q1 2017, Smaato’s Global Trends in Mobile Advertising report found that mobile ad space is more valuable than ever before, as global eCPMs grew almost 50% in Q1 year-over-year. Which markets grew most? We’ll give you a sneak peak: China’s ad spending increased 90% in Q1 2017 versus the same quarter last year — more than twice the growth rate of the next-fastest-growing Top 10 market.
Other key global mobile trends featured in this report include:
- In-app now dominates mobile advertising — with an impressive 91% share of global mobile ad spending on the Smaato platform and over 2.5X higher eCPMs than mobile web in Q1 2017.
- Countries celebrating Chinese/Lunar New Year experience 18% higher ad spending during the holiday period than neighboring non-celebrating countries.
- The Music app category attracts the highest share of total ad spending, while the Weather app category earns the highest eCPMs.
- Peak mobile device usage mirrors traditional media’s ‘prime time,’ but peaks in ad spending and impressions throughout the day vary by region.
- Regional weather patterns have an interesting influence on the number of daily ad impressions in Weather apps.
- Major US sports events can seriously spike mobile ad values!
Download the report now for an in-depth analysis of these and further mobile advertising trends.