So you think you know mobile? Now it’s time to prove your programmatic prowess with Smaato’s Mobile Advertising Quiz of the Year!
This quiz will test your knowledge of all things mobile advertising — from the top trends of 2018, the biggest industry headlines, chart-topping stats on mobile usage, and even some throwback questions on the history of mobile advertising.
Now get ready — and no googling!
You can find the full list of questions (and answers) below:
1. Mobile accounted for what share of total US digital ad spending in 2018?
2. Which implementation of programmatic advertising allows publishers to simultaneously offer inventory to all of their SSPs and ad exchanges for real-time pricing competition?
- Mediated Auction
- Real-Time Bidding
- Private Marketplace
- Header Bidding
3. On which date did the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) go into effect?
- May 1, 2018
- May 15, 2018
- May 25, 2018
- May 31, 2018
4. How much time does the average US adult spend on their mobile device per day, according to eMarketer?
- 1 hour and 55 minutes
- 3 hours and 35 minutes
- 6 hours and 25 minutes
- 9 hours and 15 minutes
5. What is the name of the mechanism that allows content owners to publicly declare who is authorized to sell their inventory?
- First-Price Auction
- Supply-Path Optimization
6. In what year were cookies (the Internet kind — not the food kind) invented?
7. Which news outlet covered the story about a sophisticated ad fraud scheme involving legitimate apps purchased by fraudsters in October 2018?
- The New York Times
8. Smartphone users from which country have the most apps downloaded on their phone on average?
9. How much was spent on mobile video advertising in the US in 2018?
- $9.87 billion
- $10.23 billion
- $12.99 billion
- $14.31 billion
10. Which group is currently working to develop an open SDK that will serve as a common industry standard for measuring and verifying viewability?
- Data Transparency Standards Working Group
- Media Rating Council
- Mobile Marketing Association
- Open Measurement Working Group
11. In which year is mobile ad spending expected to surpass all traditional media combined in the US?
12. How many unique apps did smartphone users in the US open each month on average in 2018?
13. What’s the most downloaded iOS app of all time?
14. What are the current MRC requirements for a “viewable” video ad?
- 50% in view for at least 1 second
- 75% in view for at least 1 second
- 50% in view for at least 2 seconds
- 75% in view for at least 2 second
15. What percentage of Singles’ Day sales were transacted on mobile devices in 2018?
16. If you spent $58 on 6,700 ad impressions, what was the eCPM of your campaign?
17. How many smartphones are expected to ship globally in 2018?
- 800 million
- 1.6 billion
- 3.9 billion
- 4.2 billion
18. Which of these countries is NOT among the top 10 mobile ad spending markets worldwide?
- South Korea
19. How long does a real-time bidding transaction typically take to process?
- 200 milliseconds
- 4 seconds
- 1 minute
20. Which of the following is NOT a viewability measurement provider?
- Integral Ad Science
- White Ops
Answers: 1.C 2.D 3.C 4.B 5.A 6.B 7.A 8.D 9.C 10.D 11.A 12.C 13.A 14.C 15.D 16.C 17.B 18.D 19.B 20.D